Your position will focus on creating short videos for social media. The footage you will use will fall into three categories:
- You'll pull from our archive of past Think Media videos
- You'll be creating micro content for new releases
- You'll receive footage specifically intended for a dedicated micro video
By cutting videos into bite-sized snippets of the most important parts, we can serve our community with quickly delivered information. This content is also an extremely important part of our promotional strategy. Your role is KEY for delivering our content effectively!
Create content that will:
- bring new life to older videos which still hold great value
- drive traffic to new releases to increase video view velocity
- increase the overall reach of our brand on social platforms
- increase revenue with effective marketing content
- serve our audience with valuable information
- Attend weekly meeting with the creative team.
- Watch older videos on the Think Media channel to find key segments of value or funny moments. Take this segments and create micro content from them based on the Think Media micro template.
- Follow our marketing calendar to create micro content of videos that will be released on the Think Media channel.
- Be prepared to receive raw footage and take it from raw video files to completed micro video.
- At least 5 micro videos per week from older videos. These will need to be made in multiple formats to best suit Facebook, Instagram feed, Instagram stories, IGTV, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Micro content for new releases based on what is assigned to you for the week. Again, multiple formats suitable for all social platforms
- Fresh social media videos from raw footage edited when needed.
We primarily look for people to join our team who are like-minded, hard-working, self-motivated, driven, aiming to help people, and eager to learn and improve.
We believe that while skills can be taught, these characteristics are harder to train.
With that said, this role does require proficiency in the following skills:
- Editing video - including color grading, sound equalizing and basic special effects integration
- Understanding of social media marketing
- Understanding of digital marketing promotional strategies
- Understanding of our brand voice and aesthetic
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks
- Desire to further the mission of Think Media
- Remote-based. You can work from anywhere, but we do prefer someone in a timezone within three hours of Pacific Time.
- This position will easily fill 20 hours a week.
- You will be a contractor and will be given a 1099 at the end of the tax year.
- You will be compensated on an project by project basis, based on the expected number of outputs.
Perks of Working at Think Media
We care about your education, personal development, and career advancement. Our goal is to create an environment where you are not only able to thrive in your role, but where you are able to explore new ideas, suggest improvements, expand your own responsibilities, and get creative with every aspect of your job.
As a member of the team you'll get:
- Access to our large library of courses: or own and those we've purchased from other amazing creators
- Opportunities to go to conferences or take courses that will expand your specific skill set
- A team environment that is supportive, encouraging, uplifting, and fun
- Your birthday off. No questions asked :)
- Your own personalized emoji in our slack channel